Health and Safety inspections are undertaken at all hostels on a weekly basis and monthly at all general needs, self contained blocks. If you would like to help our Maintenance Operatives undertake the monthly health and safety inspections please speak to the H&S rep for your location.
The Health and safety reps for each location are as follows:
Townsend House and Hepburn Court - Denise Huether (based at Townsend House)
Conway House - Judy McCollin
Bethany House - Bobi Nenadic
St Louise - Carol Briscoe
General Needs - George Tranda and Tracey O’Donnell-Dee (based at head office)
Timetable of Events for Bethany House Residents:
Coffee club runs every Thursday from 10am - 12pm, where the following services attend:
- Satellite drug clinic run once a month by Jackie from CGL.
- Monthly satellite clinic run by Julia from SHP Aftercare on - Employment, training & Education opportunities.
- Bridging the Gap mentoring service - which provides support with getting into education, housing, job applications, benefits and settling into the community.
- CLASH provides a drop in session every six weeks at the coffee mornings to discuss sexual health issues.
In addition to this we have:
- Bethany House singing group every second and third Friday of the month. Each session starts at 3pm in the communal hall. Just drop in an enjoy!
- Monthly satellite alcohol clinic run by Jill from CASA on the first Wednesday of the month.
- The Maya Centre Counselling service for women provides a satellite service one day per week, please speak to your Key Worker if you wish to be referred.
- Me, Myself, My Future is a monthly Personal Development Programme (PDP) for women. See posters in the hostel for dates.
- Monthly residents' forums/house meetings - see poster within hostel to find out when the next forum/meeting will be taking place.
- Debt advice workshops (Wednesday 1pm - 4pm) and Welfare Benefits advice workshops (Wednesdays 10am - 1pm) are provided by Islington Law Centre at a community centre near Bethany House. Speak to your key worker for further details.
- Key workers will be discussing any forthcoming changes to your benefits in your regular key worker sessions.
Upcoming workshops and activities are also advertised in Bethany House so keep a look out for posters.
Bethany House is keen to integrate residents into services offered in the community, such as employment services and other courses at Crisis Skylight, activities at local day centres such as those run by Women@theWell and Mind, and workshops run by Women in Prison and Solace Women's Aid, Working Chance, Clean Break, the Recovery College St Mungo’s, and SHP Aftercare. Please speak to your key worker if you would like to be accompanied to one of these services or would like to be referred.
Timetable of Events for Conway House Residents:
- Every other Monday SHP recovery Drop In sessions 11am - 1pm in the TRC
- Monthly residents' meetings - see posters within hostel for dates.
- Key workers will discuss any forthcoming changes to your benefits in your regular key worker sessions.
- Please also check the Training and Resource Centre TRC timetable for information on lots of other activities such as yoga, art classes and the gardening club.
- Gails Bakery (West End Lane) collections on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Greggs (Kilburn High Road) collections on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Pret (St Johns Wood) collections on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- FEAST - free meal every Thursday from 6pm in the TRC
- Resident surgeries are held every six weeks, between 11am - 1pm, at Head Office. All residents will receive a letter giving the date of the next surgery at least two weeks in advance.
The dates for forthcoming General Needs surgeriesare:
- 5th Jan: 11am-1pm
- 16th Feb: 11am-1pm
- 30th March: 11am-1pm
- 11th May: 11am-1pm
- 22nd June: 11am-1pm
- 3rd Aug: 11am-1pm
Timetable of Events for Hepburn Court:
- Health visitor attends every first Tuesday of the month.
- Regular house meetings, every six weeks. Check your communal noticeboards for upcoming dates.
St Eugene Court
- A resident surgey is held in the onsite office at St Eugene Court. This is a drop in service for 1to1 meetings with the area Housing Officer. Dates for all upcoming surgeries can be found on the communal noticeboards.
Timetable of Events for Townsend House Residents:
- Every 6 weeks – Residents' meeting with hot snacks provided. For every resident meeting held, Townsend House invite guest speakers ranging from local charity organisations, sexual health advisors, domestic violence workers and Job Centre representatives.
- Monthly activities, such as quizzes and Bingo, in the communal lounge. Check the communal notice board for the next event.
- Key workers will be discussing any forthcoming changes to your benefits, as well focusing on budgeting and independent living skills in your regular key worker sessions.
- Once a month Townsend House receive a donation of beauty products. Speak to your key worker to find out when the next donation will be arriving.
- Monthly donations from KFC via Food Donations Connection
- Townsend House also receive donations from Gratitude during Jewish festivals/holiday
- Monthly donations of anything from bread and pastries to brand new dressing gowns from Gratitude.
- The communal job board is regularly updated with local opportunities/job vacancies and courses - make sure you remember to check it at least once a week.
- Youth Connexions programme running at Townsend House every Thursday from 4.30pm in the communal lounge. Speak to your Key Worker to find out more.